Style

Katie Ermilio Slays Me

There are few designers who consistently make my jaw to drop.  But Katie Ermilio leaves me entranced, mouth agape, every time. I would happily make a devil’s bargain to fill my closet with a few of her pieces.

All photos courtesy of Katie Ermilio, my favorite place for mid-afternoon day dreams.

I think I need a moment to myself. And maybe a glass of champagne to go with it.

1. Sam says:

These are fabulous. I die.

March 14, 2012/Reply
  2. Tel says:

Gorgeous. Belle, if you ever want to take a road/Amtrak trip, a boutique in nearby Philadelphia carries Katie Armelio designs!

March 14, 2012/Reply
  3. amy b.s. says:

so amazing.

March 14, 2012/Reply
  4. e-liz says:

a good friend of mine went to college with her. small world! and her 'audrey' dress is my wedding dress. yay katie!

March 14, 2012/Reply
  5. giggling gourmand says:

Too darling. I love every single piece. Now if only I has an extra 5 grand lying around …

March 14, 2012/Reply
  6. Angela Jones says:

Wow! both the model and the dresses are gorgeous!

March 15, 2012/Reply
  7. Francine says:

Curious if you saw the fashion photo spread in, of all mags, Real Simple this month. It is very classic, '40s stuff and I almost died. I wanted every single outfit, accessory, piece of jewellery, makeup, hair, all of it. Just so elegant, classy and feminine without being too twee. I too had to take a moment to myself.

March 15, 2012/Reply
  8. Shannon says:

I think it's all gorgeous, except for the second outfit. That one just looks like the model put her jacket on backwards by mistake.

March 15, 2012/Reply
  9. Belle says:

Francine: I haven't read mine yet (it's on my to do list). But I am really loving their fashion coverage, it's stylish and accessible. Vogue just is not relate-able, in my opinion. Sometimes, when I read it, I feel like I am reading a manual in a foreign language.

March 15, 2012/Reply
  10. Alex says:

That model is not older than 14 and is probably more like 12. For this reason alone, I will not buy from this designer.

Belle, do you have a policy on this sort of thing?

March 16, 2012/Reply
  11. Belle says:

Alex-Rosie Tupper is 20. Don't go making assumptions just because someone has flawless skin.

March 16, 2012/Reply
  12. Audrey says:

Agreed Belle! Rosie is not only perfectly of age, but i love how her youth and poise capture the essence of katie's clothes. I have been a loyal client of katie's and will continue to be, her pieces are amongst my favorites in my closet. I only can't wait to have more of them!

August 10, 2012/Reply