1) My earliest memory is from when I was three-years-old. I remember making a Christmas ornament at my pre-school. It was my first encounter with glitter, and it was momentous. I have a few more memories from that spring/summer–my birthday party, dislocating my shoulder, walking my German Shepherd–but they’re hazy.
This article from Aeon.co examines why we can’t remember much from before the age of seven. It discusses when children start to forget, and why the memories might be lost.
2) I am so in love with these Bionda Castana pumps. How much PB&J can I stand to eat this month?
3) My friend T and I had a good laugh over 10 Food Promises Every Girl Deserves from Her Man. If only she and I just needed ten.
4) Gap has some stylish casual options for fall. This t-shirt has a great back-button detail. I also love a good tab-front pant. And don’t miss this And this sweatshirt dress in your choice of grey or pale pink looks very cozy.
5) Slate has an interesting piece on what happens to homeowners who holdout as everything around them is developed into commercial and retail properties.
6) I bought this Physician’s Formula Resurfacing Serum on a lark, and I.love.it. The fine lines between my eyes have definitely softened, and unlike many serums, it doesn’t dry my skin. Now I’m tempted to try their dark spot corrector.
7) Gwyneth Paltrow’s Goop newsletter wants to teach you how to make your bed. Because if you aren’t ironing your sheets, you’re doing it wrong. (Does this woman live on the planet Earth?)
8) Forever21 has some cute, inexpensive jackets right now. This long collarless coat in blush pink is great. I also like this quilted bomber jacket–the quilting is a cool geometric print. And this slouchy knit jacket is perfect for the plane or lazy Sundays on the couch. Plus-size? This hooded utility coat is adorable.
9) In depressing news from the Wall Street Journal, it only takes a net worth of $10,400 to be richer than most millenials.
10) The West Elm catalog is my guilty pleasure. I purchased this boxwood wreath for my front door. These storage boxes have a cool print like Starling feathers. I also think these oversized vases would look great on a console table.
12) I remember when Emerson Fry was just a lady making oversize flower pins in her garage. Now, she’s creating beautiful, modern fashions that everyone is fawning over. I am obsessed with the print on this scarf. I love the big, oversized cable knit sweaters. And this oversized coat is the stuff dreams are made of.