Features + The Range

The Range: Black Flats for Fall

During my last year on Capitol Hill, I realized that high heels were a scam.  I still loved them.  But in the way you love the boyfriend who still talks to his ex all the time.  It’s precarious.  Because when you walk or stand a lot at work, high heels look great, but can feel terrible.

That’s why I switched to pointed-toe flats. Cue the hallelujah chorus, and let’s go shopping.

The C-Suite

Jimmy Choo Romy Flat ($595)

The Cubicle Farm

Club Monaco Farem Flats ($195)

*These are cowhide, which I think is awesome.  Looking for leather? Try these Wolf & Badger 9-to-5 flats with padding for extra comfort.

The Front Desk

Marc Fisher Analia Flat ($79)

For Narrow and Wide Feet

Trotters Estee Flat ($129)

{image found here; this post contains affiliate links that may generate commission for the author}

1. Crystal says:

For the price (usually 40% off), Ann Taylor often has stylish and reasonably well-made pointed toe flats — the cheapest of my three go-to brands for work flats.

September 13, 2018/Reply
    • Anna says:

Their shoes are great and a steal when on sale. Their heels are also relatively comfy. I had a pair of smoking loafers with a short vamp that were perfect to wear with tights without looking like a witch or school girl and am hoping they bring them back!

September 13, 2018/Reply
  2. heatherskib says:

Cole Haan wedges have become my other standard.

September 13, 2018/Reply
  3. Megan says:

I could not agree more. The three pairs I rotate between:

Nisolo: https://nisolo.com/products/womens-ballerina-flat-black
    M. Gemi: https://mgemi.com/flats/the–fortuna/00_1276_01.html/#!/color/001
    Sarah Flint: https://www.sarahflint.com/collections/flats-1/products/natalie-black-vachetta?variant=5600151489

September 13, 2018/Reply
  4. Kathryn says:

I would also add the M GEMI Fortuna (https://mgemi.com/flats/the–fortuna/00_1276_01.html/#!/color/860).

I can’t say I’ve worn them outside because I live in Boston, land of cobblestones and uneven sidewalks, but NYC reviewers seem to think they hold up. Honestly, I have never paid more than $100 for a leather flat so I was skeptical. However, the quality definitely matches the price point.

September 13, 2018/Reply
    • Michelle says:

I’m glad to hear that review of the M. Gemi Fortuna, as I just bought a pair of Fortunas earlier this week to replace a well-worn pair of Cole Haan flats. I’m hoping they prove to be as comfortable as their Stellato flats (which have proven to be worth every penny for their quality, comfort and style.)

September 14, 2018/Reply
  5. SC says:

I have an older model of the Trotters flats and definitely recommend them! Mine needed some break-in time but they’re my favorite flats and they still look great after 2 years of wear.

September 14, 2018/Reply
  6. Christine says:

Surprised this roundup and the comment section hasn’t mentioned the Rothy’s point flats! They’re probably a bit more casual than leather, but so comfy, and the ability to launder them is obviously a game-changer.

September 14, 2018/Reply