1. KLeigh says:

I’m wearing the JCrew clamp bracelet today. It’s so classy and versatile; one of my favorite pieces of jewelry.

January 31, 2019/Reply
  2. Kk says:

As a longtime reader of this blog, I’ve always had my eye out for tortoise shoes – it seems like they’d be a great alternative to plain brown. Any favorite pairs recently?

January 31, 2019/Reply
    • KH says:

Yes! I’d love a recommendation for tortoise flats or loafers!

January 31, 2019/Reply
    • Kate says:

Ditto on the tortoise shoes!

January 31, 2019/Reply
    • Sheryl says:

Yes please! I had a pair (from payless, no less- they were so cheap and comfy, but of course didn’t last long) and would love to find another, longer lasting pair!

February 1, 2019/Reply
    • pam says:

agree, agree! would love to see some tortoise pumps. I tried a Talbots pair but they hurt and I was so sad to have to return them

February 1, 2019/Reply
  3. Sara Brown says:

No doubt these are beautiful bracelets, but I read once that turtles are killed expressly for their shells to make, among other items, jewelry. I have since backed away from this trend to send a message to industry that cruelty-free practices are my preference over fashion. I see you recommended a lucite version, so hopefully plastic or other materials to create the look of tortoise shell will prevail over genuine tortoise shell.

February 1, 2019/Reply

It appears that the bracelets in the post are “tortoiseshell and marble design” or straight up plastic and resin. I’ll keep an eye out for future posts.

February 1, 2019/Reply
    • raq says:

almost all of the “tortoiseshell” fashion jewelry you see is made of plastic or resin since 1973, the trade of tortoiseshell worldwide was banned under CITES (the Convention on International Trade in Endangered Species) so you can hopefully enjoy the look knowing its cruelty free

February 1, 2019/Reply