+ Ask The Edit, + Tips and Tricks

Tips for Wearing a Scarf

I own several scarves in different patterns and colors.  However, I only really wear one scarf on a regular basis, my ivory LoveQuotes scarf from Tobi.  It’s so universal, it just translates into practically every facet of my wardrobe.

Recently, I started receiving “Ask Belle’s” from readers who were looking for tips on how to wear and tie scarves.  Honestly, I just wrap them, fold them and fluff them until I’m happy with how it looks.  If you need a bit more direction, check out the diagram below.  And if you want to save 20% on a LoveQuotes scarf from Tobi, click on the button in the sidebar and use the code Capitol20 at check out.

1. amy b.s. says:

i love this.

September 21, 2011/Reply
  2. Erica says:

I was just thinking about how I needed a new way to do this the other day – perfect timing, perfect post.

September 21, 2011/Reply
  3. kate says:

belle – i just tried to use the tobi coupon and it expired! probably best for my wallet but i've been dreaming of that scarf for ages!

September 21, 2011/Reply
  4. Ronda says:

Hi Belle, I'm in the DC area and new to your site. I just bought my first scarf over the weekend so this is RIGHT on time. Thanks and keep up the fabulous work!

September 22, 2011/Reply
  5. s says:

Thanks! I think some of the trick is figuring out how to wear it for you so you look uhm… European, or sophisticated, or something like that… and not like someone's Great-Grandma.

Do you find length to make a difference? I've tried to get some from Target or a place like that just to experiment and get comfortable. I'm thinking I need to try some things in a silky fabric instead of cotton to get some of the bulk down. I've noticed a lot of the cheaper scarves have long tassels. I was thinking of cutting them off an hemming them since the tassels add to a “cheap” look to me.

September 22, 2011/Reply
  6. HollyIrwin says:

Thank you for these great scarf tips!!!

October 2, 2011/Reply
  7. lover says:

I m so sad, My girlfriend and me broke up a month ago. yeah..you know i'm young ,handsome,lonely and still hurting.i may be in need of someone to love..still..My friends told me about cougarkissing_ C0M and i got curious about it.. they met their girlfriends there.,It's the best place to meet a older girlfriend . i cant risk myself..So i got a usename(Qcdude) there in order to find a new girlfriend .Is it wrong?

September 13, 2012/Reply